Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Baby

One of the children i watch had her first birthday on Thanksgiving this year so her mom asked me to make a smash cake that looked like a pink turkey... I heard shaped like a pink turkey...





I made the tail out of white chocolate. In retrospect it looks a lot like a peacock tail.  I baked the cake in a small glass bowl and after it had cooled shaped it with a knife. It would have looked much better covered in fondant but most adults don't like fondant so I doubt a baby would even know what to do with it.  The beak is just a little sliver of orange peel.  Since this was such a small cake I covered a bowl in paper and turned it upside down to display it.


This was the cake for everyone else at the party.  She had asked for a basic cake with jellybeans on it. I used the same pink frosting for the edges as I did on the turkey.



No comments:

Post a Comment